MyScienceMind on InstagramBlue trees.Engine room of The Berkeley, a 1898 steamboat ferry that operated on SF Bay for 60 years. She was pressed into service after the 1906 earthquake, helping to ferry people off the shores of SF, which was burning, taking them to safety. She’s now part of the San Diego Maritime Museum.The Star of India is the oldest iron-hulled merchant ship afloat. She was launched in 1863.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Science Books You Might Like
- A flotilla of sea turtles on Maui beach
- Inky’s great escape
- Tie a bow tie with Bill Nye
- Pi Day!
- A tribute to David Bowie
- Sea Snakes in California?
- Intelligent bandages glow with infection
- Bacteria in Mummy had Antibiotic Resistance
- I wonder what this would feel like?
- Whale watching, up close and personal
- The Fibonnacci Sequence brought to life
- Amazing bird mimicry
- Mother’s Day biology song
- They’re at it again!
- A Science Love Song
Live Penguin Cam
- Anatomy Animation Astrobiology Astronomy Biology Chemistry Ecology Entomology Exploration History Horology Humor Invention Marine Biology Measurement Medicine Meteorology Microbiology Microscopy Nature Neurology Paleontology Photography Physics Physiology Space Technology Uncategorized Wildlife Zoology